The year 2017-2018 has been an eventful year for our students on the sports field. Regular coaching sessions in Karate, Taekwondo, Boxing, Football, Cricket and Wrestling were conducted before and after school hours. These sessions along with the interclass and inter-house matches, helped our young sportsmen hone their talent and sharpen their skills. Special coaching sessions in Karate were conducted during the vacations. Our students participated in various championship tournaments at district, state and national levels and won prizes. A few commendable achievements at the district, state and national levels are as below.
- Laganpreet Kaur (of Class 7) won Gold Medal in Open National and at District level Karate Championship and won Bronze at state level.
- Vaibhav Ohri (of Class 3 B) won Gold Medal in State level Judo Championship
- Harshdeep Singh (of Class 5 A) won Bronze medal in National level Taekwondo Championship.
- Harshita (of Class 4) won Silver medal in National level Karate championship.
Also, our school ground was given to the district education for Inter Zonal Tournament of KHO KHO. Our School team was first in that tournament.
Turning to some individual events,
- In badminton– Sanchit Ohri(of class 5 A) won Silver medal at district level Badminton tournament .
- In Boxing – Astitva Sharma(of class 7) won Gold medal at district level. Moreover We won 8 silver medals and 5 Bronze medals at District level.
- In Taekwondo – We won 2 Silver and 10 Bronze medal
- In Karate–
- Sukhvir Singh(of class 6) was outstanding, and won Gold medal at district level.
- Prithviraj chauhan (of Class 5) won Silver medal at district level and Bronze at National level and moreover we won 4 Silver and 7 Bronze at district level.
- In Wrestling – Rishi Bhanot( of Grade 7)and Tushar Pathak (of Grade 6)won Gold medal at district level and moreover we won1 Silver and 1 Bronze at district level.
- It is truly satisfying to see the huge response to sports and games at RBIS.
|Boxing (Boys U- 14)||1 Gold, 1 silver, 3 bronze|
|Boxing (Girls U- 14)||7 silver , 2 bronze|
|Taekwondo (Boys U-14)||2 silver, 8 bronze|
|Taekwondo (Girls U-14)||2 Bronze|
|Karate (Boys U-14)||1 gold, 2 silver, 6 bronze|
|Karate(Girls U-14)||1 gold, 2 silver, 1 bronze|
|Wrestling(Boys U-14)||2 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze|
|Inter Zonal kho- kho(Girls U-14)||1st|